The West Africa Automotive Show (WAAS) is a significant trade fair for the automotive industry and took place at the Landmark Centre in Lagos, Nigeria which is the largest economy in Africa, and the automotive industry there plays a vital role in its economic growth.
For the first time AVTEC participated and showcased its product expertise in the region of Africa. Furthermore, this year's edition saw the first ever Indian pavilion organized by ACMA, bringing over 20 Indian auto part manufacturers to Lagos. The fair provided a platform to showcase latest technologies and innovations in vehicle manufacturing, spare parts, and accessories.
WAAS 2023 is titled as Africa's largest annual automotive exhibition and has significantly brought the global market together. It is Africa's largest Aftermarket Automotive Exhibition and undoubtedly a hit and the biggest edition to date, with over 150 exhibitors and 3,000 automotive professionals in attendance.
The show brought together manufacturers, suppliers, retailers and anyone else involved in the West African Automotive industry.
A great workplace is about the level of trust that employees experience in their leaders, the level of pride they have in their jobs, and the extent to which they enjoy their colleagues.
The Great Place to Work® certification is a testimony that we have successfully translated that vision into reality.
The certification points to the fact that we are doing something right! So, what's our key secret to being a Great Place to Work? We'll explore that below.
1. We build an inclusive work culture where every employee feels valued right from day one. We have a diverse team of employees spread across India and for us, everyone's opinion matters. With a focus on collaboration, team bonding, idea exchange, and maximizing human potential, we seek to meet the goal of providing innovative solutions and adding value to the mobility ecosystem.
2. We entrust our employees to contribute to decision-making and a transparent & seamless flow of communication across verticals facilitates that.
3. We understand the value of being relevant and modern at all times. Our Learning and Development Programme aims at upskilling our employees and giving them an edge. With a constant focus on learning and growing, our team is always ahead of the game.
4. Employee well-being is a core part of our business culture. Our people-centric work culture is woven around a genuine care for our people. More than just a job, we provide a positive work experience to our employees. It makes work enjoyable and encourages everyone to embrace every opportunity to excel.
5. Our thought leadership and engineering excellence are reflected in our attempt at contributing to our community. We believe in our ability to provide mobility driven solutions worldwide.
Our work culture is built with the objective of creating a healthy work environment for all employees and ensuring the focus is on the employees' learning experience, growth, and productivity. In order to realize our company's purpose, our entire team lives and breathes our core values iCARE every day, in every project and in every collaboration.
The Great Place to Work® certification validates our attempt at building a purpose-led and value-driven workplace and emerging as an employer-of-choice. But this doesn't end here. We have a long way to go and accomplish many more milestones together. We continue to foster a positive work culture and aim to make AVTEC one of the best workplaces in Manufacturing in India. The goal is to stay a great workplace and become an even better one!
AVTEC has tied up with Saietta, a UK-based global engineering business specializing in the design, development and supply of complete powertrains for electric vehicles.
AVTEC and Saietta will develop and supply end to end eDrive solutions, to additional automotive customers in India and beyond, thus enabling the transition into a wider role.
This is a unique proposition that has been forged at an opportune time, as the EV space continues to grow exponentially expedited by favorable government policies and incentives. Together they will play a paramount role in this transition, and in creating a sustainable revolution of EV mobility in India.
Owing to the tremendous growth of Auto Expo Components- Asia’s largest automotive show jointly organized by Automotive Component Manufacturers Association of India(ACMA), Confederation of Indian Industry(CII) and Society of Indian Automobile Manufacturers(SIAM), has grown in size and transformed itself into a global event.
The Automotive Industry in India is recognized as a core sector that contributes 49% to India's manufacturing GDP, 7.5% to the overall GDP at large, and is responsible for around 32 million jobs."
At the 16th edition of Auto Expo Components 2023 held at Pragati Maidan, AVTEC got the opportunity to participate at the biggest auto extravaganza out there, and showcase its components.
This year’s Auto Expo turned out to be fruitful. We had a gala time interacting with the visitors and they got the chance to experience the future of mobility. Moreover, there were some key interactions with leading players in the industry. We had the opportunity to talk about our products and services and keep them informed about our latest product offerings.
Sign up with us